March 21st, 2013
This whole project was really fun! I love the city, I love photography, and I love Lightroom and this project brought it all together. I loved how it challenged me to search the city and experience it more. Kind of like always having a best friend but something comes along and challenges to look deeper and get to know your best friend even more. That's how this project affected me. I'm really happy the weather was super nice the two weekends I went out to Portland. I also go to experience a sunset in the city. I've seen sunsets at the beach and in my backyard, but when I got to witness the sunset in Portland and actually had the chance to capture it, it was beautiful.
My process was fairly natural and easy. I hated the fact that I kept looking at my paper to see what photos I needed to take so I just decided to be spontaneous with it. I took a lot of photos and just clicked away at anything that caught my eye. When I edited I noticed that I didn't want to bring out as much color as when I was doing the Nature Assignment. This project had me want to bring out most of the emotions from the city rather than the colors. Cropping was a main factor and straightening was too. Straightening was a little harder for this assignment because I found out the bridges aren't straight! Everything is pretty much on its own level. I really liked this assignment and I hope to improve even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment